Passion has become such a diluted word. It has been diluted by the likes of corporate office executives trying to inspire employees to becoming more productive. Passion is not just a word you can throw enough times on the wall in the hopes to create synergy. Just like it's not a definition you can extrapolate from the dictionary into your mind in order to feel this feeling. You don't just do passion, you live passion.Simply because passion is a lifestyle. We can't teach a kid to ride a horse and expect him to become passionate about it. Just like a boss can't tell an adult she better be passionate about her job or else she will have to start looking for a new one. Passion is a very difficult thing to find if we are naive and scatterbrained. I myself am still a little scatterbrained to some degree. See before I enrolled to rehab for scattered brains, my mind would be fixed on 100 different thoughts. My focus was all over the place I would find my quality time overextend via going to non informative events, dating shallow girls and worst of all getting influenced by people who had little relevance in my life today. I was a sheep.
I use to feel sorry for that odd little girl in high school who never got invited to any parties or social events because she was different. Yet at the end of the year that same girl got the best designer award, got voted to be the next Versace and was recieved a full ride to the Fashion Institute of Technology. Instead of acknowledging her talents and finding my own motivation. Me and a group of friends found it appropriate to make some immature comment about her probably never getting laid, like that was so important. In retrospect this was clearly an immature way of rationalizing my inability to find what makes me shine. See she knew something that took me a while to figure out, it’s okay to be different (as long as you’re not still a fan of Peewee’s Playhouse or bizarre like that). She knew herself well and lived her passion. Something some of us never make time for, here’s why. I never really had the chance to truly get to know me or what I liked to do because I occupied my time doing the “norm”. The norm is the art of doing everything and nothing all at once. Why? For starters it was easy and another it is mildly entertaining but never a conclusive destination. Controlling our time is difficult if we don’t know where our priorities lie.
I truly believe that finding our passion is quite simple. Once we distance ourselves from just doing the norm and focus on us. Two things happen we become more self aware and focus on finding our strengths. You know one of the most common objection I get is, "I’m too busy I just don’t have the time". And my response is always, what more important you "being unfulfilled or fulfilled"? we find passion by eliminating the television, not picking the phone up every whim just because some is calling us right NOW and not getting caught up in the billions of things that Internet has to offer. The only way that this is a true sacrifice is if you are making hundred's of thousands if not millions of dollars from one of all of these sources of entertainment. Otherwise I would strongly suggest invest an hour of our daily entertainment time to find what makes our body and mind work congruently. Investigate that feeling that you get inside that makes you feel at ease with yourself. Observe your actions when it feels like time is flying yet standing still. Remember, for those who search for it self-discovery is one of the biggest challenge you must face, it doesn't happen right away. You have to be patient with it, but if you truly do focus, it will come. Once you find your gift its up to you to decide if you will keep it for you self or share it with the world.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment